Monday, August 15, 2016

New living space

My bathroom is fit for a hobbit. 
My back pulses with pain. 

Hawaii's real estate prices are too damn high. 

This is my space. 
This is my sanctuary. 

Rent paid monthly by parents paid for by renting out the room I used to live in. 

Driving too much. 
Driving not at all, catch TheBus now. 

Parking and traffic cause me to sweat profusely, and smoke in chains. 

Chains around your mind. 
Chains are imagined, still so heavy. 

Look at the sunlight streaming through. 
Look at this home you have created. 

Feeling lonely is not the same as being alone. 

Within yourself you are home. 
Within yourself it is built. 

I've spent so much time afraid of the shadows my own imagined fears cast. 
Myself the flashlight, my mind the object, the walls of my whole 

head
flickering with 
what 
never 
solidified 
into reality. 

Living in this moment instead. 
Takes as much effort as the anxiety of the future. 
Takes as much effort as the depression of regretting the past. 
Takes as much effort.

Endlessly more worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment